Would you be interested in volunteering to help the Co-op?
Volunteers are needed to help keep our costs down.
As a small cooperative we rely on our volunteers and members to assist with many of the day to day operations of the co-op. Some various tasks include packing bulk food, stocking shelves, taking inventory, cleaning, creating labels and signs, and other various tasks around the store.
We also offer the 5 minute volunteer program: If you have 5 minutes while you are in the store we might need you to go to the bank or the post office, help us move something heavy. Our manager works alone most days so there are many times when 5 minutes are all we need.
We need volunteers on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Please see Penny at the Co-op to sign up.
Benefits of Volunteering
The benefits of volunteering are numerous:
* Help grow an important and valuable resource in our community
* Help people realize the importance of knowing where their food comes from.
* Co-ops help grow our local economy by providing local vendors to have a space to sell their goods. In volunteering and strengthening your co-op you also help our local vendors.
* Volunteers gain job skills and experience first hand.
* The community benefits because when one local business grows it helps grow the economy for all local business and promote a more vibrant community for you live and work in.
We opened our doors thanks to the support of our members and community, we will continue to grow and succeed only with the help of our members and the community. By volunteering your time you are able to support us in a non-monetary but extremely important way. With a large group of great volunteers our staff will be given more time perform tasks that will move the co-op forward in it’s mission.